CGI Information Area:
Skills, Limits, & Blender: A Disclaimer Story
First off, while what I do is technically ‘Art’ I’m not actually an artist. I’m not very creative, however, I can replicate and reproduce. It should also be noted, that I am still learning, mostly the controls & features of the program itself, and therefore won’t get everything perfect. However, this doesn’t mean I don’t want complex requests, or that I don’t want requests at all. The more requests I get, the more practice I get, and the better and more skilled I become. So feel free to drop requests, even non campaign requests, however campaign requests get priority. Because Tony is Awesome, period.
- Mesh Shaping – Reference images cover this.
- Positioning – The relevant placement for objects. Ex. Sword on hip? on Back? Note: This can be done after model is complete.
- Composition – What its made from, you can be specific oak/pine/steel/aluminum/iron/wool/leather/crystal/etc – or vague, /metal/wood/fabric/etc.
- Specular & Diffuse: How it looks under light, shiny/dull/reflective
- Engraving/Etching/Decals/Tattoo – You can draw these by hand, or search for images. I’d prefer the image to be solid-color or close too it. Other images will be difficult to process, and may not be guaranteed. But ill still try.
- Condition: is it rusty? Brand new? Stained with blood? Let me know
These images, provide me with the information I require to process the shape & positioning of the mesh. Images can be of anything, and from anywhere. They can be hand drawn, taken with a camera, or found on Google images. Simply state what you want from that image. An object can be made from multiple different images, by combining traits. For example, tapering of a clamore, shaped like an ax, and serrated like a saw blade.
- Models will be rigged for posing.
- Mesh can be re-used for other models
- Mesh will be UV unwrapped
- Models & Mesh can be extracted from games if desired.
When you have your images, place them in an ZIP and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions at all, please pm me and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Examples & prototypes can be found on this DeviantArt Page
Models themselves are available if you want them. Do with them as you like. You can find the program I use at www.blender.org, its free to download and use.